An Atlas Team Facilitator is a volunteer who works directly with our clients and helps them get through our certification program. Facilitators are paired with a client in their geographical area to provide support and guidance during the critical stages of their service dog’s training.
Team Facilitators receive free extensive training and mentorship from Atlas staff and Certified Trainers.
All facilitators must complete a series of online courses, attend one of our intensive workshops, and complete a mentored hands on practicum before being paired with a client. Our workshops are currently offered virtually through zoom sessions. Practicums may be in person or virtual. Facilitators will gain knowledge and skills on service dog training, disabilities, and how to help our clients advocate for their rights. They will also receive continuous mentorship and support from a Team Facilitator Lead, an experienced service dog trainer.
Is this for you?
- You have strong general pet dog training experience
- You may have professional pet and/or service dog training experience
- You may have general service dog handling experience
- You may have teaching or coaching experience
- You may be directly or indirectly affected by disability
- You want to help people and make a difference
- You are a people person AND a dog person
- You enjoy collaborating and problem solving
Learn More About Our Program
Ready to Apply?
We encourage you to read the FAQs as well as the above program documents. When you are ready to apply, simply click the link below which will take you to our online application. You can save your progress and resume at any time.
Feel free to contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
- You must have at least two years’ experience training your own or other dogs
- You must complete our online courses and workshop
- You must commit to at least one year as a facilitator
- You must commit to using only positive training methods and treating all dogs and people ethically
No. All training is free.
We ask for a one-year commitment during which time you will work with a minimum of two Atlas clients. Each client takes approximately six months to complete our program.
You will meet with your client at least twice a month during the initial stages. In person lessons may get more spread out later in their training, though you will still be doing phone/video call check ins bi-monthly.
You must have already been a Team Facilitator who has taken at least two teams through training and certification.
The process is simple from there, request two reference letters – one from an Atlas client you have worked with and one from another Team Facilitator Lead and submit them to Atlas (firstname.lastname@example.org) stating you wish to be considered for a lead role. You will be contacted, and an interview will be set up. Upon acceptance, additional training will be provided as needed.
You are an experienced service dog trainer. You will be present at initial assessments for any new Atlas client and help put the training plan in place. You will then be available on an as-needed basis, largely by email or phone, to support the Team Facilitator and client. In some cases, you may be needed to be present at a training session or remote training video call to help the client through trickier training situations.