Atlas Assistance Dogs® strives to eliminate obstacles to obtaining an assistance dog and helps anyone who qualifies under the Americans with Disabilities Act to obtain a certified assistance dog.
What Makes Us Different
Atlas Assistance Dogs is the only organization that:
- Works with all breeds of dogs
- Certifies qualified privately owned dogs
- Is not limited to a specific group of people or people with a specific disability
- Is not limited to one geographic region
- Requires that only the least invasive, scientifically and ethically sound training methods be used
- Expands available training and certification resources
Train Your Service Dog
Succeed and thrive with your dog by your side
Benefit from one-on-one support and guidance in training your service dog.
Atlas supports people with disabilities wanting full participation in the training of their service dog. Atlas clients are paired with Atlas Team Facilitators who will meet with them twice a month for at least six months before being eligible for their Public Access Test and Atlas certification.
Atlas Certified Trainers are experienced, ethical private trainers who can provide more in depth training and help to move teams towards Atlas’ certification program.
Atlas’ Trainer Academy gives experienced dog trainers the knowledge and tools needed to support their clients in the training of their service dog.
Atlas Assistance Dogs is dedicated to expanding the pool of knowledgeable and ethical service dog trainers who will be able to help individuals with disabilities train their dogs to help mitigate their disabilities and thrive every day with their dog at their side.